To start selling, we first need to add our products and services in Cashflow. Cashflow allows you to add products, services, and create bundles.
Add New Inventory Items
To add a new product or inventory item,
Add an inventory Item
- In the main menu, go to Masters, then click on Products and Services.
- In the Product and Services list, click on the (+) Button.
- In the context menu, choose add inventory item.
- Type in a name, unit of measurement, and description.
- Set the tax category if required.
- Set if the item can be purchased and sold.
- Enable the Active option.
- The Product Item Tab set the SKU, sales price, and initial cost.
 Tax categories tell Cashflow to collect the corresponding sales taxes for this item depending on the city or state your customer is located. You can add these taxes by going to Settings > Modules > Taxes > Taxes and Rates.
 Purchased and sold: By enabling these options we can set if these items will be available in purchases and invoices, respectively. One example of this is raw materials; raw materials can be bought but not necessarily are sold as-is.
 SKU or stock keeping unit, is used by retailers to identify and track their inventory or stock. An SKU is a unique code consisting of letters and numbers that identify features of each product, such as manufacturer, brand, style, color, and size. e.g. NIKE-AIR-SBK-95
- General: Set a product category, brand, vendor
- Choose an item type, this can be a product, raw material, or an assembled item.
- Set a reorder point.
- Batch and Serial Numbers: Set if this item is managed by batch or serial numbers if not, leave these fields empty.
- Sub-Units: Set other units of measurement for this item.
- Dimensions: we can define the item’s physical dimensions.
 The reorder point field defines at what point should you need to order more of these items. A reorder point (ROP) is the minimum unit quantity that a business should have on inventory before reordering more items.
 Sub-Unit allow us to set if this item can be split by other smaller units of measurements. An example of this type of packaging is what we see in a pallet. One pallet holds many boxes or sub-packaged items.
- Set the ledger accounts for the journal entries generated by the transaction made with this item.
Important: If you’re not a bookkeeper or accountant or don’t know which ledger accounts to choose, don’t worry; Cashflow will set default ones for you.
- To upload the product’s images, click on the browse button.
- Drag and drop files or click on browse to choose the files from your computer.
- Select the files to upload then click the open button.
- Once done, click on Close.
Once we’ve complete all relevant fields, click on Save.
Updating a product / service
Whenever you need to update a product’s information,
Updating product information
- In the products and service list, click on the Action menu and then click on the Edit option for the item you wish to edit.
- Update any necessary product item information.
- Click on Save.
Deleting a product / service
If you need to delete a product, you created by mistake but never used,
Deleting a product
- In the products and services list, click on the Action menu and then on the Delete option.
- A confirmation dialog box will appear,
- To complete, click Continue.
Remember, Cashflow will only allow you to delete an item that has not been assosiated in any transaction.