Once your customer places an order you need to dispatch these items in order to fulfill the customer’s order and update your inventory records.
In Cashflow, there are 2 management methods for the Inventory in and out cycle: an Automatic and a Manual method.
In this how-to article, we assume you’re using the manual method. If you’re not, you can skip this article as you don’t need to record outgoing inventory to update stock count in the automatic method.
To learn more on how to set the inventory method in your business, read the Automatic and Manual inventory management how-to.
Dispatching Outgoing Inventory
To record warehouse outgoing inventory,
Dispatch outgoing inventory
To record outgoing inventory,
- On the main menu, click on Inventory and then Dispatch.
- In the Dispatch list, click on the (+) Button.
- In the Copy From dialog box, choose the Sales Order or Invoice to dispatch and click on Save.
- Make sure you are dispatching all items and that the quantities are correct.
- Change the status from Draft to Dispatched.
- Click on Save.
Partial Deliveries: If you’re recording a partial delivery to a customer’s order, just change the quantity on any of the items. You can later create a new dispatch document for the remaining items when you’re ready to deliver them.
Important: In order to record partial deliveries, you need to enable the Partial Deliveries option under the terms tab in the edit customer form.
Copy Dispatch to an Invoice
To copy the contents of a dispatch to an invoice document,
Copy to invoice
To copy a dispatch to an invoice,
- In the Dispatch list,
- Click on the Dispatch’s Action Menu, then Copy to Invoice.
- On the dialog box that appears, click on Yes to open the new invoice document.
- Make any change if necessary.
- When done, click on Save.
Note: The option to copy-to an invoice is only available if you have been given permission to access the invoice module.