In Cashflow, with the service option, we can add services or products which are non-inventory items. Non-inventory items are products items that are purchased and sold but whose quantity is not tracked.
Adding Services or Products / Non-inventory Items
To add a service or non-inventory product item,
Add a new Service or Non-inventory Product Item
- In the main menu, click on Masters, then on Products and Services.
- In the Product and Services list, click on the (+) Button.
- In the context menu, choose add Service.
- Type in a name, type, category, unit of measurement, price, and description.
- In the Sub-type section choose if this is a Service or Labor.
- Set if the item can be purchased and sold.
- Enable the Active option.
 Product / Non-inventory item: If you’re adding a non-inventory product item, choose the Service option. However, if the item is an inventory item, you’ll need to choose the inventory item option. For more info read Adding inventory items.
 Services are the general services offered by the business, or it could also be services that are purchased from a vendor.
 Labor is work done in a project or used in the production of goods. This feature is part of the job costing and the production module.
- Click on the Accounting Tab,
- Choose the ledger accounts for the journal entries posted by the transaction made with this Service.
Important: If you’re not a bookkeeper or accountant and don’t know which ledger accounts to choose, don’t worry; Cashflow will set default ones for you.
- Click on the Image Tab,
- To upload images, click on the browse button.
- Drag and drop files or click on browse to choose the files from your computer.
- Select the files to upload then click the open button.
- Once done, click on Close.
Note: For services, adding images is optional and only used if the Service requires an image or a diagram of some sort.
Once we’ve complete all relevant fields, click on Save.
Importing Product & Service Items
To import products and services from the spreadsheet template,
Importing products and services
- Click on Import Template and Reference Guide at the bottom of the page to download these files.
- Fill in the spreadsheet template with your products and services.
- Click Import Products from a spreadsheet below the products and service list.
- In the import dialog box, click Browse to choose the spreadsheet file from your computer, and once found, click Upload.
- If the information looks correct, we can click on the Import button.
Note: The reference guide shows us how to set data on the columns of the spreadsheet and what each option means. If the information in the different columns does not match the guide definition, the system will alert us of inconsistent data.