Product categories allow us to classify our products logically and make it easier for us to organize inventory items.
Creating product categories
To create new product categories,
Creating a product category
To create a new category,
- On the main menu, click on Inventory and then Categories.
- In the Categories list, let’s click on the (+) Button.
- Choose the Base Category.
- Type a Name and Description.
- You can also upload an Image and set a Color.
- Enable the category.
- Click Save.
 This Base Category field allows you to organize the categories in the form of a tree, for example, Home > Kitchen > Refrigerated. This way, we can add new categories as a sub-level or branch of the ones we’ve previously created.
 The Image and Color options are used in the point of sale module to help navigate the items list.