We can add our business employees and salespeople in Cashflow. Once added, these employees will be available in the different system modules to define who made a particular transaction or, in the case of a sale, to which salesperson will the commission be attributed to.
Also, they’ll be available in the bank account modules, like incoming and outgoing payments. This allows us to record loans to employees and receive loan repayments.
To add a new employee,
Add a new employee
- In the main menu, click on Masters, then click on Employees.
- In the Employee list, click on the (+) Button.
- Complete the form with your employee’s information.
To add your employee’s address,
- Click on the Address Tab, and then click on the (+) option.
- Complete the employee address form.
- Click on Save.
The Integration Tab allows us to define If the employee is a system user, and if he is a salesperson.
- If the employee uses the system enable the Is the employee a user option and choose the user from the option list.
- If the employee is a salesperson, enable the employee is a salesperson option.
- You will now see the Commissions Tab.
The Commissions Tab allows you to define the commission structure for this particular salesperson.
- Enable if the employee receives Sales Commissions, Collections Commissions or both.
- Set the Commission Type.
- Set the Calculated By method.
- If the commission type is Fixed, complete the fields From, To, Commission % and enable if the salesperson can yield commissions.
- If the commission type is Tiered, complete the From, To and Commission % for every tier level.
- To add more tier levels, click on the (+) Add button and repeat step 5.
 Calculated By
In the Total Sales Volume option, commissions are calculated based on total sales volume for a period.
In the Per Transactions option, commissions will be calculated on a per-transaction basis.
 Fixed Commission Type allows you to define a fixed percentage of commission to a sales volume range. You can combine base salary + sales commissions for the sale volume or calculate commissions only after a base sales volume has been reached.
 Tiered Commission Type allows you to define commissions based on sales goals. You can add new tier levels by clicking on the (+) Button. This allows you to motivate salespeople to continue closing deals, even after they’ve reach their primary goals.
 Yield Commissions allows you to set if the salesperson could yield part of his commission in order to make a sale.
When done, click on Save.
Now we can choose our salespeople in any sales transactions, like quotes, sales orders, and invoices.
To import employees from the spreadsheet template,
- Click on Import Template and Reference Guide at the bottom of the page to download these files.
- Complete the spreadsheet template with your employees’ information.
- Click Import employees from a spreadsheet below the employees list.
- In the import dialog box, click Browse to choose the spreadsheet file from your computer, and once found, click Upload.
- If the information looks correct, we can click on the Import button.
Note: The reference guide shows us how to set data on the columns of the spreadsheet and what each option means. If the information in the different columns does not match the guide definition, the system will alert us of inconsistent data.
If we need to update an employee’s information,
Updating an employee’s information
- In the employee’s list, click on the Action menu and then click on the Edit option.
- Update any necessary employee information.
- Click on Save.
To delete an employee with no transaction,
Delete an employee
- In the employee’s list, click on the Action menu and then click on the Delete option.
- A confirmation dialog box will appear,
- To complete, click Continue.
Remember, if you can’t see the Delete option, it is because this employee is already associated with a transaction.