SKIP AHEAD TO
To start any invoicing process in Cashflow, we need to add our customers. We can add our customers in two ways, manually, one-by-one, or import all your customers with the import feature.
Adding Customer Manually
Let’s add our first customer manually.
Add a New Customer
- On the main menu, click on Masters and then Customers.
- In the Customers list, click on the (+) Button
- In the context menu click on New Customer.
- Choose if this customer is a Business or Person.
- Complete the form with your customer’s information.
Adding Customer Addresses
- To add your customer’s address, click on the Address Tab
- Then click on the (+) Button.
- Complete the address form.
- Click on Save.
You can add additional addresses for this customer by a repeat in this step.
- To add customer contacts, click on the Contacts Tab,
- then click on the (+) button.
- Complete the contact form.
- Then click on Save.
As with the addresses, you can add additional contacts for this customer by repeating this step. You can also view these contacts later in the Contacts manager under the tools area in the main menu.
- To set customer terms, click on the Terms Tab,
- Choose the payment terms,
- If you allow credit for this customer, enable the credit limit option, and set the amount.
- If you manage inventory, set dispatch priority.
Once we’ve completed the form, click on Save.
To import customers from the spreadsheet template,
Importing customers from spreadsheet
- Click on Import Template and Reference Guide at the bottom of the page to download these files.
- Complete the spreadsheet template with customer’s data.
- Click Import customers from a spreadsheet below the customer’s list.
- In the import dialog box, click Browse to choose the spreadsheet file from your computer, and once found, click Upload.
- If the information looks correct, we can click on the Import button.
Note: The reference guide shows us how to set data on the columns of the spreadsheet and what each option means. If the information in the different columns does not match the guide definition, the system will alert us of inconsistent data.